Bagong Pilipinas
SBMA - Electronic Billing and Payment System

Departments > Accreditation Office / Regulatory Monitoring Unit

2/F Regulatory Bldg. Labitan Street, corner Rizal Highway, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines 2222

Tel. No.: (63-47) 252.4088
Fax No.: (63-47) 252.4029

Dennis Rolan E. Baviera

Dennis Rolan E. Baviera


About Us

The Accreditation Office registers and accredits business entities, which are not located within the SBFZ, in order that they may conduct regular business inside the Freeport.

The Office draws its functions from the implementing Rules and Regulations of R.A. 7227 Chapter II-B, Sec. 10, Sub-section c & k and Section 11, Sub-sections e & f as well as Section 16.

Administrative Order No. 001, Series of 1998, issued Guidelines, Rules and Regulations on all service contracting and sub-contracting activities within the SBFZ.

This was approved by the Board of Directors on December 11, 1998, forming the policies on accreditation.

In 2007, the Regulatory Group was created under Office Order 07-05-848 and the Accreditation Office was placed under the Regulatory Group. This Order was later approved by the Board of Directors.

Process Flow for Accreditation of Suppliers and Service Contractors

  1. Receipts of duly accomplished application form and documentary requirements.
  2. Logs and reviews documentary requirements and SBMA clearances.
  3. Preparation and issuance of Billing Assessment.
  4. Receipt of Proof of Payment/Official Receipt.
  5. Prepares Certificate of Accreditation, Deed of Undertaking and submit for review.
  6. Reviews and signs endorsement for approval.
  7. Issuance of Deed of Undertaking and Certificate of Accreditation.
  8. Updating of database and filing/archiving.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • What is Accreditation and why is it necessary?

    • This is the registration of an entity with the SBMA, which recognizes and allows the said entity to legally do business within Subic Bay Freeport (SBF). Only accredited entities are permitted to do business within the zone.

  • What is the difference between an Accreditation, a Certificate of Registration and Tax Exemption (CRTE) and a Registration Certificate (CR)?

    • An Accreditation Certificate is issued to an entity, which is located or has its business address outside SBF but offers its services and does business inside the Freeport Zone.
    • CRTEs are issued to companies located inside SBF with an investment therein and enjoying certain tax privileges.
    • CRs are issued to companies located inside SBF but without certain tax privilege.

  • What are the requirements for an Accreditation?

    • Aside from being a duly registered entity, basic requirements are necessary including permits and licenses for special activities. A list of requirements is available at the SBMA website or at the Accreditation Office at the 2/F, Regulatory Bldg. Labitan St. corner Rizal Highway, SBFZ.

  • What is the procedure for applying for an accreditation?

    • Proponents are requested to submit a duly filled up application form, their Company Profile and Company Table of Organization. They will be scheduled for an interview/briefing and will be required to submit the complete set of necessary documents for the approval of their accreditation.

  • Why is an interview necessary?

    • The interview, which also serves as a briefing, is an opportunity for the proponent to explain and make known the services he or his company offers, to ask any questions he may have about the accreditation process, and be clarified about SBMA procedures. The proponent is also informed about the rules and regulations pertinent to his activity, and any fines and penalties attached to probable violations, so that he would be well-informed and confident about his entry into the SBFZ's business environment.

  • Why must it be the top official or proprietor who is interviewed and not just a representative of the company?

    • It is important that a member of the top management of the applicant-company, rather than a representative, is interviewed, as decisions such as those involving a more efficient flow of the intended business, may have to be made during the briefing, which a mere company representative may not have the authority to make. It would also be to the advantage of the company's top management that has a serious intent in the company's well-being to be familiar with SBMA Rules and Regulations, and the overall responsibilities of its company in its operations within SBFZ.
    • In the case of a single proprietorship, its proprietor must represent the company at the interview/briefing.

  • When is the interview scheduled?

    • The proponent first submits its duly filled up application form, and Company Profile and Table of Organization. Interviews are scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but a specific time on these days is arranged according to the proponent's convenience.

  • How long does it take before one is issued an accreditation?

    • It will depend on how long it takes for the proponent to put together the required documents. After the interview/briefing, the process begins upon submission of the complete set of requirements. As a rule, on the assumption that all documents are correct, the evaluation process is complete within 7-10 days.

  • Where do we follow up the status of our application?

    • Follow-ups are not necessary since the proponent is called once the process is completed. Should he find it necessary to inquire about the status of his application, a call to the Accreditation Office at (6347) 252-4088 will inform him at which stage of the evaluation his application is at that time.
  • Is an accreditation a one-time transaction?

    • An accreditation is valid for one (1) full year during which an entity is permitted to provide service to the locators and residents within the Subic Bay Free Port.

  • Is an accreditation renewable? If so, are the requirements the same as new application?

    • An accreditation is renewable. Since late renewals are subject to the imposition of fines and penalties, it is strongly recommended that the renewal process be started two (2) months before the actual expiry date of the accreditation certificate to avoid any unforeseen delays.
    • The requirements for renewals, which differ from new applications, are available at the SBMA website or from the Accreditation Office at the 2/F, Regulatory Bldg., Labitan Street corner Rizal Highway, SBFZ.

  • Do you issue Temporary Permits for on-process applications?

    • Temporary Permits are not issued. An entity is expected to secure an Accreditation Certificate prior to transacting any business with SBMA locators and/or residents.
  • When do we pay for the Accreditation Certificate?

    • After the interview/briefing and upon submission of the application, an Accreditation Fee of USD200 is paid upon release of an approved Accreditation Certificate for a particular activity. Payments made are non-refundable.

  • What is the benefit or advantage of an Accreditation?

    • An Accreditation, which legally recognizes an entity to do business within the Freeport, gives the accredited entity an edge at bids and a better chance at being awarded projects. The entity also avoids penalties for doing business without an accreditation and getting his clients penalized as well, for hiring the said entity.

  • Can I have someone else do business in my name using my accreditation?

    • The Accreditation Certificate is strictly non-transferable. The practice of "Royalty", or the lending or renting out of one's accreditation, is considered a misrepresentation in the conduct of business and a major violation in the Regulatory Group's system of fines and penalties.

  • Is there a sanction for non-accredited companies operating within the SBFZ?

    • Non-Accredited entities cited for the violation of doing business without accreditation are committing a major violation and are subject to the fine and penalty of USD400. They also subject their client, who hired them, to the same major violation, but with a higher penalty of USD500.

  • As an accredited company in the SBFZ, can I report those non-accredited companies that persist in transacting business illegally in the same zone?

    • Accredited entities have the right to report activities of illegal businesses which are, in reality, usurping project from them. The SBMA is committed to protecting entities that follow or comply with SBFZ's rules and regulations, and obtain permits to maintain their legal standing.

  • If a project has been awarded to us, can we get a Temporary Gate Pass while we are still in the process of complying with the requirements for accreditation?

    • Before an entity can operate within the Freeport, it must first secure an Accreditation Certificate. A valid Gate pass will only be issued upon presentation to the Pass and ID Office of an approved Accreditation Certificate.

  • Can we get an endorsement or Letter of Intent to hire from companies we know, even if we don't have intended projects with them, just for the purpose of complying with the requirement?

    • This act, which evidences intent to deceive, will be revealed in the verification and evaluation of the application and will not prove advantageous to the applicant.

  • Is an accredited companies allowed to have an office within the Free FPZ?

    • An accreditation is issued to companies that are located outside SBF so that they can legally provide services inside the zone. Companies that have an office or are located inside the freeport must secure CRTE or CR.

  1. What are the Privileges of a Subic Visa Holder?
  2. It gives the holder a privilege of multiple entry, exemption from the exit clearance certificate and exemption from Special Return Certificate.   Further, it is valid for entry and exit to any airport in the country and also valid for touring purposes outside the Freeport Zone.   A legitimate dependent child can enroll in learning institution without securing a study permit.

  3. What are the Restrictions?
  4. It is valid for employment inside the Subic Bay Freeport Zone only and with the sponsoring company only.   A foreign national seeking a gainful employment other than those mentioned earlier will be penalized for US$500.00 for each violation.

  5. If a foreigner is a dependent's visa holder, can he/she avail of a working visa?
  6. Yes, a dependent legal spouse or a dependent child more than 18 years old can avail of a working visa but he/she has to downgrade his/her dependent's visa first to a tourist visa.   Once a 59-day tourist visa is granted by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and as soon as he returns the I-Card to the BI, it is only then that he/she can apply for a working visa by following the procedures in obtaining an SS-CWV.

  7. If a foreigner is a working visa holder, can he transfer to another company?
  8. Yes, but he/she has to downgrade his/her SS-CWV first to a tourist visa.   Once a 59-day tourist visa is granted by the Bureau of Immigration and as soon as he/she returns the I-Card, it is only then that he/she can apply for a working visa by following the   procedures the first time he/she obtained an SS-CWV.

  9. What is the procedure to be followed if an SS-CWV holder resigns from the company and go back to his/her country of origin?
  10. He/she has to downgrade his/her SS-CWV to a tourist visa.   Once a 59-day tourist visa is granted by the BI and as soon as he/she returns his I-Card, he/she can now leave the country.   Otherwise, his/her name will be included in the Watchlist of the BI.

  11. When is the ideal time to renew SS-CWV?
  12. It is advisable to renew the SS-CWV two (2) months before its expiration date to give ample time for unforeseen event that can possibly damage the internet connectivity and the failure of personnel to man the OSS, as well.

  13. If the CRTE of the company is almost expiring, can the foreign worker apply for a SS-CWV?
  14. The CRTE should have a remaining validity period of at least two (2) months left, on submission of Visa application.  

  15. Who are authorized to conduct inspection and monitor the effective implementation of the rules and regulations?
  16. Representatives of DOLE or BI, together with representatives of SBMA may conduct periodic and routine inspections to ensure proper and effective implementation of the rules and regulations.

    In exceptional cases, BI and DOLE may conduct individual inspections upon notification and/or coordination with the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authorities.

    Non-compliant expatriates and locators will be subject to Fines and Penalties.

  17. What are the requirements in securing Subic Visas?
    • Original Passport;

    • Visa endorsement;

    • Original AEP and receipt of payment;

    • Payment (in pesos);

    • Official Receipt of payment of I-CARD Annual Report (for renewal transaction only);

    • Photocopy of the documentary requirements submitted to the Labor Center and to the Visa Processing Office.

    • Application for Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) (for new application, form is available at the OSS)

    • ACR I-Card Transaction Form (for renewal application, form is available at the OSS)

  18. What are the responsibilities of the Freeport Employer/Locator?
  19. Upon termination or cessation of employment for whatever cause, Freeport employers and/or locators shall, within five (5) working days, inform the OSS of such termination or cessation of employment and when applicable, shall within the same period surrender the work permit/I-Card to the OSS.   Failure to perform such obligation will be a valid ground for denial of future work permit/visa applications of prospective employees of the Freeport employer and/or locator.

    Provide a quarterly list of foreign workers to the Visa Processing Office and notify the latter of any changes of the whereabouts of the former.

    Provide the Visa Processing Office before the end of the first semester of each year an Audited Financial Statement and Certification that the investment is still intact inside the Subic Bay Freeport Zone.   Failure to submit such requirements will cause fines/penalties as cited in Annex E. (This applies to SSCIV holder only.)

  20. What are the reasons for Denial of Application for Visas?
    • Alien whose employer/locator has pending administrative/criminal cases
    • Expired Certificate   of Registration and Tax Exemption (CRTE) and other permits issued by SBMA;
    • Misrepresentation of facts in the application;
    • Submission of falsified or tampered documents;
    • Foreign national has a derogatory record; and
    • Aliens whose employer/locator has pending administrative/criminal cases to the Subic Bay Freeport.
    • Denial of application shall cause the forfeiture of the fees paid by the applicant foreign national.

  21. What are the reasons for Suspension, Cancellation and Revocation of Visas?
    • Upon recommendation of the Freeport Authorities;
    • The continued stay of the foreign national may result in damage to the interest of the industry or the country;
    • The employment of the foreign national is suspended by the employer or by the order of the Court;
    • Non-compliance with any of the requirements or conditions for which the work permit or visa was issued;
    • Misrepresentation of facts in the application;
    • Submission of falsified or tampered documents;
    • Foreign national has a derogatory record; and
    • Employer terminated the employment of the foreign national.

  22. Is there any remedy in case of Suspension, Cancellation or Revocation of Visas?
  23. Any aggrieved party may file a Motion for Reconsideration and/or Appeal with BI under existing immigration rules and regulations.

  24. Who are entitled to a Visa Exemption?
  25. Foreign national who is a holder of either Quota Visa (47a(2)), SIRV, SRRV, Permanent Residence Visa (13a(2)), and Temporary Residence Visa.   However, the foreign national has to obtain a Visa Exemption Certificate from the OSS Visa Processing office.  

Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority. All Rights Reserved. Bldg. 229 Waterfront Road, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines.

Voice: +6347 252 4000 Fax: +6347 252 4185 | Terms of Use | Sitemap

ISO Certification

ISO Certified - DQS

Transparency Seal

Transparency Seal

Freedom of Information

Freedom of Information